Parco Natura Viva – Bussolengo
Distance: 30 minutes far from Garda by car.
The Parco Natura Viva is a zoological garden home to many animal species: some of them are endangered; others are cured and then reintroduced in their natural habitat.
The park is divided into five areas:
- the safari park, where people can observe animals of the African savannah from their car;
- the fauna park, a walkable trail that is structured according to the Five Continents and makes it possible to admire several animal specimens from all over the world;
- the tropical greenhouse, right in the heart of the zoological garden, where you can enter a rain forest hosting caimans and colourful birds;
- the reptile house, where different species of snakes, saurians, turtles, fishes and small mammals live;
- the “extinction park”, where you can observe full-sized reconstructions of animals that lived in the past as well as tortoises living nowadays.
Parco delle Cascate di Molina – Fumane
Distance: 45 minutes far from Garda by car.
The Parco delle Cascate di Molina is a wide and one-of-a-kind waterfalls park. This territory is characterized by abundance of water thanks to the perpetual water springs located north of the hamlet of Molina. Besides the waterfalls, in the park there are woods, meadows, streams and brooks making it an ideal place for a restoring immersion in a lush green landscape. The three walkable paths of the park feature different length and walking times. Among the park’s attractions you can admire the “prehistoric waterfall”, the “bear’s waterfall”, the “circular well”, the “green and black waterfalls” as well as a panoramic swing that goes through a waterfall and a cableway crossing a stream.
Parco Grotta Cascata del Varone – Tenno
Distance: 1 hour far from Garda by car.
Here water falls to the ground after a drop of 98 m. Its roar and dust create a suggestive atmosphere that turns a visit here into a great experience. Along the trail, there are several information boards and a nice botanical garden with explanations on plant species extending along the stair to the caves.